Saturday, November 21, 2009

Anti-Freeze

A man is met at the pearly gates by St Peter and told he has a choice to make. He is one of the rare individuals who can choose, after death, whether he will go to heaven or hell.

He is told to go check the other place out. Over against the wall is an elevator with only two buttons. Push the down button and upon arrival the door would automatically open and he could observe the life style in hell.

He was cautioned however not to exit the elevator for if he did he would be unable to return.

The man entered the elevator, pushed the down button and shortly the doors opened. He looked around in amazement at what greeted his eyes and, strictly following instructions stayed in the elevator. Shortly he pushed the up button and returned to speak to St. Peter.

“Well what did you think?”

“It’s not what I expected,” the man answered.

“What did you expect?”

Well I sort of expected fire and brimstone, wailing and gnashing of teeth, a lake of fire, stuff like that.”

“Of course.” said St. Peter, “What did you see?”

“I saw snow. I saw ice. I saw a blizzard like I have never seen before, and I’m from the east coast, I know blizzards!”

“Oh darn!” said Peter. “The Bengals are going to win the Super Bowl!!”
(You can change this to your favorite sport and least favorite team.)
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment